With a general topic as Green Urban Mobility, one looks to stimulate the participation of people with different backgrounds, from engineers to designers, including architects, sociologists, among many others. The goal is to inspire as many participants as possible but creativity is assumed to be the main driver for this event.
The DesignDAY is a concepts/ideas generation activity, essentially based on engineering design principles and methods. This activity is conceived as a contest/competition. Thus, there will be awards and a winner team. The considered prizes are:
– The winner will be awarded with a certificate and a prize money of €1.500,00;
– The 2nd and 3rd placed teams will be awarded with honorable mentions.
All developed proposals/concepts will be evaluated by a jury composed by 8 members, 5 from EDAM – Engineering Design and Advanced Manufacturing – MIT Portugal of the University of Minho, and 3 from the structure of the Guimarães EGC.
– Registration period: between 1st to 28th July 2016
– Publication of the full list of participants: 29th July 2016
– DesignDAY Activity: 12th September 2016